The Spot Gen 3 GPS Satellite Messenger provides a vital line of communication with friends and family when you want it, and emergency assistance when you need it. Using 100% satellite technology, SPOT works virtually anywhere in the world, even where cell phones don’t – all with the push of a button
- SOS: Use this function In the event of a life threatening or other critical emergency to notify emergency services of your GPS location and that you need assistance. The GEOS International Emergency Response Center alerts the appropriate agencies worldwide – for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe.
- Help: In the event of a non-life threatening emergency, you can use this function to notify your personal contacts that you need assistance. Additional SPOT Assist services can be purchased and programmed to your Help button as well. When activated with SPOT Assist, the Help button will notify professional services either on the land or water. SPOT has partnered with national service providers to offer non-life threatening assistance.
- Check-in/OK: This feature allows you to let your friends and family know that all is OK with a pre-programmed message along with your GPS location. With a push of a button a message is sent via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts and your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventure account.
- Custom Message: This feature allows you to let your friends and family now receive a custom message along with your GPS location with a push of a button. Use this feature as a secondary OK message or transfer your personal help alert to this message function if you are using a SPOT Assist service on your Help button.
- Track Progress: This feature allows you to send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress in near real time using Google Maps. With your SPOT account you have the ability to set up a SPOT Shared Page which allows you to show your SPOT GPS locations to others on a Google Map.
- Power: To turn SPOT on simply press and hold the ON/OFF button until the button blinks green. SPOT performs a self-diagnostic test. When power is ON, the button will blink green every 3 seconds. This is helpful for making SPOT more visible in the dark. To turn SPOT off, press and hold the ON/OFF button until the light stops blinking.
- Self Test: SPOT performs a self-test when you initially turn on your SPOT. If all visible lights flash red, the SPOT self-test has found a failure, and SPOT will not send a message. If the On/Off light, GPS light and Message Sending light all blink red, SPOT has a GPS failure, but SPOT may still be able to transmit an SOS or HELP message without your GPS location. Visit www.spotwarranty.com
- SPOT Message Schedule: SPOT is designed to provide outstanding quality and reliability. With a perfect view of the entire sky, the SPOT Messenger is designed to transmit virtually every message. In everyday conditions, the view of the sky is often blocked due to hills, buildings, or other obstructions so it is normal for some messages to be blocked. That is why the SPOT Messenger automatically sends multiple messages in every mode, giving you excellent overall reliability. In some modes this means multiple attempts to send the same message, while in other modes it means regularly updating GPS coordinates and sending a new message. Placement of your SPOT unit can make a difference. Experiment with placement until you are familiar with the reliability of your operating environment.
- SPOT needs a clear view of the sky to obtain a GPS signal and provide the most accurate location information. It is not reliable indoors, in a cave, or in a very dense woods.
- Orienting SPOT so that the SPOT logo is facing up toward the sky will improve performance as the antenna is located under the logo.
- Keep your SPOT at least 12 inches away from other GPS devices.
Spot Gen 3 GPS Satellite Documents
Check out SpotNZ’s website for full details